To celebrate Queen Vic Market's monumental 140th birthday there will be a street party this Sunday 29th April. Along with a jam packed program, the Market will host an entire day of shopping discounts, offers and giveaways! Tribal Tastes is very excited to be part of this celebration as our identity is so closely linked with this beloved iconic institution; the home of fresh produce and the heartbeat of Melbourne. There is no other place we would like to have called home for the past two decades. Starting at the Summer Night Market at it's inception then establishing the world's first African Deli of this kind in 2002. We are particularly proud of our ready to heat and serve meals transforming fresh, local & seasonal produce into wholesome meals for market patrons and beyond. Enjoy huge savings across our vegan line
this week at QVM and on-line.
500g Fusilloni Pasta
200g Tribal Tastes African Candy ‘hot smoked’ salmon
1 tub Basil Pesto (Silvia’s Deli)
1 bunch chopped broccolini (inc stems)
1 punnet halved mini roma cherry tomatoes
Few basil leaves
50g lightly toasted pine nuts
Pinch Himalayan Salt
Boil plenty of salted water in a large pot. Once boiled, add pasta and gently stir. Put lid on and gently stir from time to time. Cook on medium to high heat until pasta is el dente. Turn off heat.
Add chopped broccolini to pasta pot for 30 seconds or so. Drain, as soon a broccolini is vibrant green. Run under cool tap water. Return to pot.
Stir through pesto, half of crumbled salmon & cherry tomatoes. Serve garnish with slices of salmon, toasted pine nuts and basil leaves. Finnish with a splash of balsamic vinegar.
Tribal Tastes Wholefoods has this festive season covered.
Continue Reading →
Tribal Tastes produces 100% Natural Turkey Breast Fillet for the Christmas season. So 'let's talk turkey', what's different about Tribal Tastes turkey compared to supermarket smoked turkey buffets?
- Supermarket turkeys are often pumped with a brine mixture to maintain the weight of the turkey after it's smoked. Tribal Tastes does not pump the turkey with brine.
- Supermarket smoked turkeys are made with chemical preservatives so they can be made months before Christmas and kept in storage. Tribal Tastes turkeys are smoked fresh just before Christmas and are made with NO chemicals or preservatives.
- Supermarket smoked turkeys can be bland or flavored with chemical flavor enhancers. Tribal Tastes turkeys are marinated overnight with the Chief's signature herb & spice mix giving a delicate mildly spiced, finger licking great flavor! They contain NO sugar!
- Supermarket turkeys can be reconstituted meat and may contain meat extenders containing fats & gluten. Tribal Tastes uses fresh whole turkey breast fillet and are 100% gluten free.
- Are you convinced? Order here.
Tribal Tastes is the perfect place for a gift for Dad this Father's Day. Tribal Tastes specialises in luxury smoked meats and fish. South African specialties include; Chilli & Traditional biltong, stokkies and droewors. For Dads that like to DIY biltong spice is now back in stock. A range of spices and rubs will be sure to delight at the next BBQ. So whether you visit our shop at Queen Victoria Market or order on-line you will be sure to find the perfect gift.